Diane has over 20 years of experience in the areas of creditors' rights and bankruptcy, banking and commercial law. She represents secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases involving DIP financing, cash collateral, claims objections, stay relief, discharge objections and confirmation issues. She represents creditors and debtors in out of court distressed asset purchases, workouts, forbearances, turnarounds and creditor compositions.
- Represents unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases involving preferences and 503(b) 9 claims
- Serves as counsel for committees of unsecured creditors in bankruptcy cases
- Represents equipment lessors in bankruptcy cases involving executory contracts and cure amount disputes
- Represents landlord and tenants in bankruptcy cases
- Represents secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy cases involving real estate developers, convenience stores, manufacturers, retail chains, wholesalers and distributors
- Represents creditors in contesting confirmation matters of Chapter 11 business and individual plans of reorganization
- Represents bidders in bankruptcy sales and 363 asset transactions
Diane has represented Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors in numerous cases, including Affiliated Foods Southwest (EDAR) Fountain Powerboat Industries, Inc., (EDNC), Peoploungers (NDMS), E-Z Serve Convenience Stores (MDNC), Rose Furniture Receivership Committee (MDNC), N.C. Power Holdings, LLC(MDNC), Utility Craft, Inc. (MDNC).
Prior Legal Experience
As past General Counsel for the Silverman Group, Diane was involved in over 300 turnarounds, workouts and debt restructurings in transactions ranging from $1 million to $100 million. Prior to that experience, she was also in-house counsel for General Electric Capital Corporation and First Union National Bank. Diane served as a bankruptcy clerk to the Honorable Rufus Reynolds, bankruptcy judge for the Middle District of North Carolina.