Rob has over 20 years of business, corporate law, angel and venture capital financings, and intellectual property licensing experience. For more than 15 years, Rob has focused his practice on representing life sciences, and technology companies in equity and debt financings, intellectual property and technology licensing, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters.
- Represented a nanotechnology company in a Series B Preferred Stock financing and a development and supply agreement
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a worldwide license to a global pharmaceutical company of a biomarker for the risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Represented a vaccine company in a Series B Preferred Stock financing and multiple Convertible Promissory Note financings
- Represented a pharmacogentics company in a strategic alliance with a global pharmaceutical company
- Represented an advanced materials company in multiple Preferred Stock and Convertible Promissory Note financings
- Represented a microscopy company in multiple Preferred Stock financings
- Represented an e-procurement information technology and services company in strategic business acquisitions
- Represented a medical device company in national and international clinical study agreements
- Represented a health care information technology company in its sale to a publicly-traded company
- Represented a facilities management company in software license to Fortune 500 company
- Represented an insurance agency in a software license and services agreement
Prior Legal Experience
Prior to joining Poyner Spruill, Rob was a Partner with Hutchison Law Group. Previously, Rob practiced at two large North Carolina and Virginia law firms. He has also served as an assistant general counsel of a New York Stock Exchange listed health care services company.